Re: GNU Kind Communication Guidelines versus social contract or Codes of

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GNU Kind Communication Guidelines versus social contract or Codes of Conduct
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 18:52:06 +0100

Hi Florian,

Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> skribis:

> You are very, very wrong.  We are trying very hard to stay within GNU,
> but the feedback we have received so far on GNU mail lists suggests
> that we are not wanted here.

There is a part of GNU that includes myself that really wants you (you
personally, as well as the projects you contribute to) to stay within GNU.

The dynamics I’ve observed over the last decade is that people who’d
like GNU to be more welcoming, more transparent, and/or community-run,
would eventually give up and silently leave.  I’ve seen brilliant people
leave, and for me, enough is enough.

We are legitimate members of the project, and we have legitimate
demands.  Let’s work together on shaping this new GNU!

Thanks,
Ludo’.