Re: A GNU “social contract”?

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: A GNU “social contract”?
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 22:35:43 +0100

Hi :)

On Sat 09 Nov 2019 18:44, Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 09:46:56PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Thanks, Andreas, for this new version!  Some comments below.
>
> They are integrated into the attached new version. For good measure,
> I have capitalised "GNU System" as you did and thrown in a few italics
> as suggested.
>
> Andreas

I finally took a look and this document looks good to me.  I guess a
next step would be to specifically elicit feedback from all GNU
stakeholders such as maintainers.

One nit, regarding the first line :)  For me the document is essentially
a contract with each other, rather than to any abstract third party.
Even in the absence of a "broader free software community" with whom we
could profess a contract (and what would they agree to in return?), we
would be doing these things.

Andy