Re: posts by non-members

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: Re: posts by non-members
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2020 15:14:39 +0000

On Fri, 2020-01-03 at 13:53 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:

> In general it is somewhat inconvenient if you can only post to the
> list from the address with which you are subscribed.

In practice, with only one or two exceptions from what I have seen so far, this
would only affect people whose messages tend to be rejected for content anyway.

If anyone is particularly inconvenienced by this change and they genuinely
intend to contribute to the discussion, they are welcome to get in touch.  I can
either make a (mental) exception or we can find an alternative solution for
them.  For example, you can change your account settings in Mailman not to send
messages to your "sending only" account.

If things cool down, we can be more lenient again in the future.

-brandon