Re: A summary of some open discussions

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: A summary of some open discussions
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 12:21:33 +0100

* Thompson, David <dthompson2@worcester.edu> [2020-01-07 16:16]:
> On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 2:35 PM Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> wrote:

> > > No.  When you join an organization, you implicitly or explicitly agree
> > > to work within the existing structure of that organization.
> >
> > No.  (Isn't a lovely discursive pattern?  Sheesh.)
> >
> > More seriously, I think that when you join an organization, you
> > implicitly or explicitly agree to work for the *goals* of that
> > organization.
> >
> > At any given time, the strategy that an organization takes may no longer
> > correspond to its goals.  In that case it is the responsibility of the
> > members of the organization to change it to better fit its needs.
>
> +1
>
> I look forward to a healthier GNU project as a result of these
> important structural changes.
>
> Thanks to Andy, Mark, Ludovic, Carlos, and others who have been
> putting so much effort into this.

They have been damaging Guix and GNU project. If RMS would be really
autocratic, they would be expelled as soon as they started with public
shaming on Guix pages.

What matters for RMS is not what somebody thinks or which political
opinions they have, but rather if they are contributing to free
software, that is priority, so RMS is letting you people be. That is
not autocratic, that is kind.

Somebody else would already sue your asses for millions of dollars.

Jean