Re: A summary of some open discussions

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: A summary of some open discussions
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 06:52:00 +0100

* Thompson, David <dthompson2@worcester.edu> [2020-01-10 10:53]:
> On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 4:28 PM Brandon Invergo <brandon@gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> > As does Richard.  He largely only retains responsibility for
> > project-wide decisions while the rest is delegated.  In the overwhelming
> > majority of cases he lets the maintainers, webmasters, etc. do their
> > jobs independently.  Many of the email exchanges I have with him end up
> > with "DTRT" ("do the right thing", meaning, use my judgment).  He very,
> > very rarely intervenes in the development of individual packages (other
> > than Emacs, of course).
>
> The problem is that when he chooses to step in, GNU is worse off
> because of it.  See the glibc abort "joke", "kind communication
> guidelines" vs. code of conduct, etc.
>
> - Dave

It is not abort joke, it never was "abort" joke. Media with you
included is twisting it and as media has certain keywords to pick up
and earn money on it, you think it is justified to blame anybody for a
joke? LOL.

It is censorship joke:
https://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Aborting-a-Program.html

GNU Kind Communication Guidelines vs. Code of Conduct is for me very
clearly Individualism approach vs. Collectivism approach.

You have learned in your life that all groups shall be run by
Collectivism approach, starting from governments, schools, any kind of
groups, there are everywhere some rules and if anybody break the rule
that person shall be somehow responsible or get punished for it.

Right?