suspending FSF contributor agreements with immediate effect

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: suspending FSF contributor agreements with immediate effect
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 15:39:30 +0100

FSF will not change unless somebody gives them a strong reason to change.

For example, if GNU developers write the following email to FSF, that
will bring change.

Each developer needs to make their own decision if they will send the
email.  RMS has previously suggested he would not like people to
completely abandon the agreements.  The email template below is only for
a conditional suspension of the agreement.  Nobody can tell you to
continue assigning[1] your rights to FSF if you want to wait for more
clarity about FSF's future.

You can still keep coding during the suspension: if a significant
quantity of code is published and virtually embargoed like this, it
creates an incentive for FSF to satisfy those people and gain rights
over that code.

Regards,

Daniel Pocock
--