Re: Moderation / Censorship

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: Re: Moderation / Censorship
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 20:41:44 +0100

On 14/01/2020 19:28, Jean Louis wrote:
> * Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> [2020-01-14 15:39]:
>> Dear moderators,
>>
>> A large part of the traffic over the last few weeks was repeated
>> ad-hominem attacks, always by the same people.
>>
>> This is a violation of the list’s stated policy at
>> <https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnu-misc-discuss>.  It gives a
>> poor image of the project and undoubtedly silences many.
>>
>> I call on to you to make it stop.  I reckon moderation is a tough and
>> thankless task, and I am grateful for your work, but I think it’s in the
>> project’s interest to put an end to abuse of that sort.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Ludo’.
>
> Then why did you start in the first place with defamation of GNU
> project and RMS?
>
> Reference:
> https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2019/joint-statement-on-the-gnu-project/
>
> It is violation of GUIX Code of Conduct.

Neither Moderation nor a Code of Conduct is a solution

We need to think outside the box about the way communication is effected
in free software communities.

It looks like the list is already moderated / censored.  I posted a
message today and it took 59 minutes to be distributed.  Check the
Received headers of messages you receive to see if that is happening to
other people.

Regards,

Daniel