Re: A summary of some open discussions

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: A summary of some open discussions
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 19:57:31 +0100

* Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org> [2020-01-15 19:23]:
> On 15/01/20 11:49 am, Jean Louis wrote:
> > Software projects on this planet Earth are mostly started by private
> > individuals, and there are private companies starting software
> > projects.
> >
> > It is true that one who is not creator of such, normally cannot
> > participate in substantial changes of such software projects,
> > especially, it is impossible to just kick out the founder of the
>
> Sure, but it is possible to convince the founder that it is in the best
> interest of the project to officially decentralize it since that's how
> it has been operationally working anyway and also because that is the
> most effective way to grow the project.

Why don't you talk to Dr. Stallman?

GNU project as such is probably mostly decentralized project among
many others.

There is freedom, decentralize the software, do what you wish with it.

Look:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Linux_Distribution_Timeline.svg

> > project. It is ridiculous even to think of that, as that is indication
> > of criminal mind. It is like kicking out the home owner out of his own
> > home.
>
> OK, lets go the home owner analogy.  Assuming that the grandfather is
> the home owner, this is like trying to convince the grandfather that it
> is in the best interest of the home itself that he relinquish unilateral
> control of the home to the family trust so that the entire family can
> contribute directly to the well-being of the home.

You live too much in the USA. In other countries we have respect to
elder.

> Now the question of who the grandfather is or how to convince them is
> the question we're discussing right now.  That is, is FSF the
> grandfather or RMS?  Can the FSF unilaterally decide, will/should it
> decide that way or should/will they confer with RMS?

Yes, RMS can decide. Finished.

When are you to understand that finally? What are you discussing? It
is not yours to kick out RMS.

Make your own project.

Jean