Re: A summary of some open discussions

From: Federico Leva (Nemo)
Subject: Re: A summary of some open discussions
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 10:35:16 +0200

Mark Wielaard, 16/01/20 19:03:
Sure, and the relationship is always evolving. These days the GNU
project is actually one of the smaller programs the FSF runs. The last
public form 990 states that the FSF spend ~$250 thousand of ~$1.25
million on the GNU project (most of the rest of the money goes to the
education and outreach program and license education program).

I agree that supporting GNU isn't necessarily the single most important goal of the FSF now, but I think that the dollar cost of a program isn't the best way to measure how big or important that program is, especially for an organisation like FSF whose job is largely to support volunteers. (I won't get into how you define "runs".)

Federico