Re: Feedback on the GNU Social contract and new wiki.gnu.tools.

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Feedback on the GNU Social contract and new wiki.gnu.tools.
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 20:43:41 +0100

* Ruben Safir <mrbrklyn@panix.com> [2020-01-28 20:30]:
> On 1/28/20 1:03 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > Namecheap, and likely most domain services, automatically block all
> > personal information by default.  Protecting users' privacy is in line
> > with GNU standards.  Attempting to expose people's hidden private
> > information is not.
>
> Nonsense -  In fact, regulations require the identification of the
> registrant.

Yes, they require, but today many domain registrars automatically hide
the information about the domain holder. You may always contact the
domain holder by using the proxy contact information. It really does
not matter.

> Attempting to violate the GNU Trademark, however.... now maybe you
> should look into that.

GNU was never about protecting any trademarks, that is really not
logical step to do, RMS would never do that, I don't believe in
that. If it would be violation of GNU GPL license, there would be
different strategic approach, and not harsh legal action.

Jean