Re: Endorsing version 1.0 of the GNU Social Contract

From: Kaz Kylheku (gnu-misc-discuss)
Subject: Re: Endorsing version 1.0 of the GNU Social Contract
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 08:41:19 -0800

On 2020-02-06 09:32, Andrej Shadura wrote:

On 01/02/2020 13:39, fredomatic wrote:
I, Frederic Y. Bois, maintainer of package GNU MCSim, endorse version
1.0 of the GNU Social Contract, available at
<https://wiki.gnu.tools/gnu:social-contract>.
Thanks!

As the maintainer of GNU indent, I also fully agree with and endorse the
proposed GNU Social Contract. It’s time the GNU project followed the
lead of other free software projects and adopted one.

If were to examine, on every major project hosting site, every
project that has any sort of free software license file (GPL, MIT,
BSD, ...) in the root directory, I strongly suspect that the vast
majority of such repositories would be found without any
"social contract" document.

Therefore, if following the lead is what is important, perhaps the
project wielding these social contracts ought to be dropping them.