Re: Endorsing version 1.0 of the GNU Social Contract

From: DJ Delorie
Subject: Re: Endorsing version 1.0 of the GNU Social Contract
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 12:14:20 -0500

ams@gnu.org (Alfred M. Szmidt) writes:
> The wiki does not represent the views of the GNU project.  Nor will it
> be hosted on GNU infrastructure, as was made quite clear by the head
> of the GNU project.

I think we all agree on this, and repeating it is not adding anything to
the conversation.  The wiki has clearly been described by its creators
as a tool for the *maintainers*.  We all agree that official
communications go on gnu.org.  But as much as we all support RMS's
position as project head, tools that work for one person (RMS,gnu.org)
do not scale to the hundreds of maintainers (who use git,wikis,irc).

If it's important to you to declare that all communications not-from-RMS
"do not represent the views of the GNU project" you'll just spend all
your time posting on mailing lists, irc, and usenet; disclaiming every
message by every person working on any GNU package.

Disclaimer: This email does not represent the views of the GNU project.