Re: Endorsing version 1.0 of the GNU Social Contract

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Endorsing version 1.0 of the GNU Social Contract
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 07:58:29 +0300

* Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> [2020-02-11 08:35]:
> Hello Frederic,
>
> fredomatic <fredomatic@free.fr> skribis:
>
> > I, Frederic Y. Bois, maintainer of package GNU MCSim, endorse version
> > 1.0 of the GNU Social Contract, available at
> > <https://wiki.gnu.tools/gnu:social-contract>.
>
> Thank you for your message.
>
> As stated in the email you received, we are still on a review period
> until Feb. 9th, and the document may still change based on feedback.
> The endorsement period for this initial version of the Social Contract
> starts on Feb. 10th.  See the timeline at:
>
>   https://wiki.gnu.tools/git/gnu-tools-wiki/tree/code/sc-email.txt
>
> Please share suggestions by Feb. 9th, and let us know whether you
> endorse the document on Feb. 10th!

Dear Ludo,

I do appreciate your work on Guix and Guix SD.

Yet here are comments related to your political activity. You have
published feedback here: https://wiki.gnu.tools/gnu:gsc-feedback

The feedback is biased, as you have only published the feedback that
you like.

I don't think it is alright to use the mailing list, then to publish
the biased feedback, only one-sided feedback that you few people like
it -- and then not even reference it back to the mailing lists.

You should publish the feedback that RMS gave you on that and state
that "GNU Social Contract" is not GNU and not accepted or approved by
the GNU project.

This is also feedback -- you should publish it. Otherwise, you do not
represent what you are trying to say to represent. For example, your
gnu.tools is obviously "not welcoming contributions from everybody" --
as you have published only biased feedback.

Jean