Re: what is GNU? what is a social contract?

From: Carlos O'Donell
Subject: Re: what is GNU? what is a social contract?
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 10:43:04 -0500

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 12:18 AM Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com> wrote:
> They are hostile towards the GNU project.

Yes, we are opposed to the current governance structure of the GNU Project.

> Therefore, there is nothing to discuss really. The correct
> thing to do right now is to ignore their attempts to sow discord.

My goal is certainly not to sow discord, but to engage in change that
improves the governance and effectiveness of the GNU Project.

> I will certainly not object to discuss *a* social contract, but not
> with these people, who even created a misleading "gnu*" website, trying
> to convince people they speak for the GNU project. Perhaps we
> can pick this up again in a few months when things have returned
> to normal :)

The goal behind creating wiki.gnu.tools is not to be misleading, but
to create additional tools for GNU Maintainers.

Right now we're offering a git-backed wiki for GNU Maintainers to use.

Cheers,
Carlos.