Re: Endorsement of the GNU Social Contract

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Endorsement of the GNU Social Contract
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 13:32:48 -0500

   > You have now, for the second time, send me a message as part of a
   > mass-mailing to a list to which you added me without my consent.  This
   > is spam and illegal under European law, as the data subject never
   > consented to you processing the data.

   The same applies to gnu-community-private, among others.

False, membership of g-c-p is up to each member, they can either
subscribe or unsubscribe.

The GNU project did not give you permission to abuse the personal
information of GNU maintainers.

   I’m sorry you see it that way.  We were careful to write:

   > If you think this is inaccurate, or if you no longer want to be
   > contacted about this initiative, please let us know about it.

Does not matter under EU law, you need to give consent first before
assuming it.  People subscribed to lists have explicitly given it, so
have GNU maintainers when they became maintainers.