Re: [Hangout - NYLXS] about the GNU promise

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: [Hangout - NYLXS] about the GNU promise
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 19:45:44 +0100

Le lundi 3 février 2020, 16:28:52 CET Benno Schulenberg a écrit :
> But in practice the GNU project requires
> that significant contributors sign a copyright assignment, and that
> translators sign a copyright disclaimer.

Well, maybe it concerns only softwares, but once rms wrote something on ML
to be published on gnu.org, and within the hour I translated it in french,
sent it to the translators list and it got published on the website.  I
didn’t sign anything.  And my copyright is still on it.  That quite
surprised myself.  This sounds unpractical (what if the original gets
slightly updated?).

Anyway.