Re: Endorsing version 1.0 of the GNU Social Contract

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Endorsing version 1.0 of the GNU Social Contract
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 19:31:49 +0200

On 15.02.2020 3:33, Mark Wielaard wrote:
     This initiative is not supported by Richard Stallman.
     Nevertheless, we consider it a legitimate action by and for GNU
     maintainers to collectively define the core values we believe GNU
     stands for.

That makes it sound like Richard is the sole contrarian, and you five (or however many) represent all the "good guys" GNU maintainers who are endorsing this document.

I get that there is an idea floating around that maybe RMS is not great at "social stuff", but what you've demonstrated here, probably with good intentions, is the Elephant in a China Shop approach to politics that befits a regular engineer (in a Dilbert sense).

Whereas Richard's views on this and related subjects have been repeatedly demonstrated to be quite refined, apparently over decades of dealing with them.