Re: GNU Social Contract version 1.0

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: GNU Social Contract version 1.0
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 20:12:09 +0200

On 15.02.2020 20:02, Andreas Enge wrote:
It is an agreement between those who endorse it, evidently. I am not presuming
anything else. It is you who write "all GNU contributors", not me.

Saying "us, GNU contributors" is all too easily taken to imply that you represent all GNU contributors. Why don't you choose a better, more specific term, as has been suggested multiple times?

I could call it "GNU SJW WG" (in jest, mostly), but *any* name would do, that would somehow differentiate the signatories from the whole project.

Preferably in a way that doesn't imply that the rest of the project are terrible people.