Re: State of the GNUnion 2020

From: Ruben Safir
Subject: Re: State of the GNUnion 2020
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 12:57:27 -0500

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 12:25:33PM -0500, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    Thought experiment: what would GNU be if all of its packages
>    stopped developing?  Dead, right?
>
> Software that can be run, studied, redistributed, and modified is in a
> state that is strarkly different than matter that is decaying in an
> irreversiable chemical reaction -- i.e. death.
>
> So lets not call software for dead, or alive.  Getting a program
> running again is quite possible, but a dead chicken quite the
> opposite.

If the point of GNU is to create a matrix for evaluation project
development and OS developed, honestly, we would be better off
developing AI tools to accomplish that.

Mayor guilliani used to say, quite correctly, that there is no liberal
or conservative way to pick up the garbage.  This is largely true

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com