Re: The General Public Licence (GPL) as the basic governance tool

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: The General Public Licence (GPL) as the basic governance tool
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 12:03:55 -0500

   >    As a GNU user, you may not know it but GNU maintainers do not currently
   >    agree to uphold the free software values that we care about; they merely
   >    agree to more specific GNU policies.
   >
   > It is intentional, since the GNU project doesn't want to exclude
   > anyone from becoming a GNU maintainer.  So not only currently, but
   > also not in the future.

   You’ve made your point many times, but please, stop presenting the
   current situation as something that cannot possibly ever change and,
   consequently, should never be questioned.

It is not a point I made, it is a point that the GNU project made.  I
suggest you read Chief GNUisance email, which raises the point of such
raddical, and unfriendly changes -- I've attached the email for your
persual if you missed it.

What should be questioned is the echo chamber group that you are part
of and have created, and you now demand people to be silent because
you disagree with them.  We can see this continued biased view in how
you refuse to even host, or mention, what the actual stance of the GNU
project is on the non-GNU anti-social edict website, and instead make
up statements that clearly do not represent the GNU project.

Indeed, I'm still waiting for a reply on why you refuse to what the
GNU project is actually saying.

   I think it’s important for GNU hackers as a group to be able to
   reflect on the project’s procedures and discuss whether/how to
   improve them.

That is already the case, and GNU maintainers already do so in their
technical role.

===File ~/whats-gnu-whats-not.text==========================