torture in online communities, FSF, Debian, etc

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: torture in online communities, FSF, Debian, etc
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 14:47:34 +0100

There is news today about expanding the definition of torture to include
the psychological abuse we see in online communities.

They specifically talk about the practices of shaming and humiliating
people, as we've seen in FSF abusing RMS and Debian abusing a number of
volunteers.

Misquoting people and gaslighting both appear in PsyOps manuals.

Regards,

Daniel

1.
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2020/feb/21/un-rapporteur-warns-of-rise-of-cybertorture-to-bypass-physical-ban