Re: [Hangout - NYLXS] The General Public Licence (GPL) as the basic gove

From: nipponmail
Subject: Re: [Hangout - NYLXS] The General Public Licence (GPL) as the basic governance tool
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 19:04:13 +0000

They got rid of RMS because "the industry" (working white men) don't want to see a repeat of the Cisco suit, where RMS was victorious, and won big.

The rest of the current FSF are do-nothings and won't sue anyone for copyright infringement of the GPL.

On 2020-02-21 16:27, Ruben Safir wrote:
On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 09:02:34AM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> skribis:

> On 20.02.2020 11:47, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> I think it’s important for GNU hackers as a group to be able to reflect
>> on the project’s procedures and discuss whether/how to improve them.
>
> So what GNU hackers who disagree with you lot on this or other
> subjects are supposed to do?

They can choose to ignore the Social Contract, or better yet, they can
let us know they do not endorse it and (ideally) why.  It’s a process.

There is no process.  There is you trying to water down GNU to a
technology clubhouse of a few coders with too much time on there hands.

> I don't see the opposing viewpoints reflected in your documentation
> anywhere. You have formed a subgroup, discussed your views in private,
> and are now soliciting positive feedback within the project, while
> largely ignoring negative one.

This is wrong.  See the timeline at:

  https://wiki.gnu.tools/gnu:gsc-feedback

> And you're misrepresenting yourselves as a project-wide official
> initiative. "We are GNU, and here are our values".

Our first message¹ to maintainers started with:

  The authors of this message have started an effort […]

I don’t think there’s any misrepresentation.

Oh come on, yes you do!  You intentionally created a misrepresentation
when you tried to turn GUIX into GNU, then again when you openly
attacked RMS without cause, and not this attempted take over where you
are openly claiming to represent GNU, as if you have any authority.

Your cohorts have openly expressed that if this works, you won't need
Stallman and GNU leadership, that you will just sidestep it..."it will
become irrelevent"

Clearly here it is your intention to misrepresent it, and misrepresent
GNU.

The process we want to see is the one where you shut down this wiki, and
where your social justice warior attempts come to an end.  Also we want
to see you banned.  The only reason your not banned is because Stallman
is protecting you.  Most of the rest of us want to see you banned.

Ruben

Thanks,
Ludo’.

¹ https://wiki.gnu.tools/git/gnu-tools-wiki/tree/code/sc-email.txt