Re: State of the GNUnion 2020

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: State of the GNUnion 2020
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 21:10:33 +0100

Alexandre François Garreau, le sam. 22 févr. 2020 19:21:18 +0100, a ecrit:
> I recall some of them (likely one of those you’re thinking about is the
> same as I),

Possibly.

> > > you prefer to “aknowledge” this “will have to be done at some
> > > point”.  Is if there wasn’t any middle ground for compromision
> > > there.
> >
> > Sometimes you can't find any.
>
> No, you can’t know.

Strictly speaking, sure, but at some point when things only get worse
and worse, it's way better to resort to exclusion than continuing to see
a project get stuck due to only one person, even if with several dozen
years you might find a solution.

> > > The idea of shared kill/blacklist or /ignore have been already
> > > proposed. That solves it.
> >
> > Not necessarily for less strong people. Just leaving out is simpler than
> > having to yet again set up some filters and everything.
>
> If it could be automatic, nope, it would *even politically* be more
> simple, if it was decentralized (yet automatic).  Think of a WoT of
> blacklists, for instance.

How different is this from exclusion?

Samuel