Re: State of the GNUnion 2020

From: Kaz Kylheku (gnu-misc-discuss)
Subject: Re: State of the GNUnion 2020
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 12:22:55 -0800

On 2020-02-22 01:50, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Really, not including the next generations in a project is running the
risk of the project just dying with its leaders.

Project "liveness" is not the ultimate value. If nobody is found who
will maintain it the way it ought to be, then let it die.

If I leave behind some program that so few are interested in that
the best talent willing to maintain it is not very good, then
so be it.

It doesn't have to be forced on me while I'm still able to shake a fist.

I suspect that these initiatives to have inclusion of regardless
experience are driven by project zeal, and envy of popular projects.

The idea is to bring in people to generate activity. Any people.
Just warm bodies to stimulate project liveness.