Re: Why the "social contract" should not be endorsed

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Why the "social contract" should not be endorsed
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 22:11:07 +0300

* Alfred M. Szmidt <ams@gnu.org> [2020-02-23 21:05]:
> Hi Alex!
>
> If you have time and interest, the GNU project is looking for new
> maintainers for several projects.  See our take action page:
> https://www.gnu.org/server/takeaction.en.html
>
> Contrary to the members of Manor farm, we welcome anyone and will not
> dismiss your opinion just because you are not a GNU maintainer.  This
> list is for anyone interested in discussing anything related to the
> GNU project, even disagreements with the GNU project.

Do you mean with the Manor Farm, like "In addition to having both
lower and upper halls, many French manor houses also had partly
fortified gateways, watchtowers, and enclosing walls that were fitted
with arrow or gun loops for added protection. Some larger 16th-century
manors, such as the Château de Kerjean in Finistère, Brittany, were
even outfitted with ditches and fore-works that included gun platforms
for cannons. These defensive arrangements allowed maisons-fortes, and
rural manors to be safe from a coup de main perpetrated by an armed
band as there was so many during the troubled times of the Hundred
Years War and the wars of the Holy League; but it was difficult for
them to resist a siege undertaken by a regular army equipped with
(siege) engines.[6" ?

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manor_house#France

I am trying to understand the term and it is entertaining, yet I may
be mistaken.

Jean