Re: State of the GNUnion 2020

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: State of the GNUnion 2020
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 10:34:46 -0500

   On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 08:56:24AM -0500, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
   > The text circulated is not a text by or for the GNU project, so this
   > is indeed not the best place for discussion of it

   Quite on the contrary, it is a text by members of the GNU Project for the
   GNU Project.

And the GNU project rejected it.  For very good reasons.  So it isn't
at all contrary

   > seeing that those wanting to discuss the text refuse to discuss
   > it here, it might just as well be worth moving any such
   > discussions to their web site.

   May I remind you that we have been elaborating this text from the start
   on this list, and that this openness is indeed one of our goals?

Then please answer why you are not mentioning the stance of the GNU
project.  I've asked this several times, over now several weeks, and
silence.

It is written by some GNU maintainers, it is not one that is
representative of the GNU project -- since as GNU maintainers you do
not speak for the GNU project, I suggest you read Richard Stallman's
email on that topic, or the governance document how the GNU projet
actually works.

So calling it a GNU document or pretending that it is, since that is
obviously not true, is just silly.