Re: [Hangout - NYLXS] * Scraping email addresses from a public list" * :

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: [Hangout - NYLXS] * Scraping email addresses from a public list" * : What about using bcc to prevent "scraping" email addresses ?
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 21:58:40 -0500

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 14:07:42 +0000, Mancini, Sabin (DFS) wrote:
> Mike,
> What about using bcc to prevent "scraping" email addresses ?

All mail sent to the list would have to be hidden behind fake addresses
generated by the mailing list.  I'm not sure what the capabilities of
Mailman are, but would cause breakages in many other ways for people.

What is being done is unacceptable, but I don't want one bad actor to
cause drastic changes.

--
Mike Gerwitz