Re: address@hidden: Please remove me from your address@hidden or address

From: J.B. Nicholson
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 13:56:22 -0600

Alexandre François Garreau wrote:
Apparently it’s not related to harm to him, but he sincerely believes he’s
a defensor of rms against anybody that he consider has harmed him.  And
thus is happy to harm them…

It is quite unclear to me how I became a target for this prior to being sent a bunch of email I didn't ask for and don't want.

So if you’re annoyed, there is unfortunately really nothing to do but
spamfilters and/or taking this to the tribunal…  I guess US law don’t allow
harassment does it?

One could contact his domain hoster with evidence of using the domain for sending spam (which I take to mean unsolicited, undesired messages typically sent in bulk). Some domain hosters are not interested in being a party to spam, so they include terms in the contract which allow the hoster to end service for breach of contract when the customer spams others. Something comparable could be said of the hosters used for his domain's authoritative DNS servers, and his service provider. I'm not recommending nor disrecommending these choices, I'm saying these are among the things one could take up.

But yeah harassment is a bad thing and I wish there were better technical
and social tools against it (such as a free and decentralized software,
that can be controlled by the users who want to protect themselves about
harassment).

Do I understand this correctly: You want a free software, decentralized system for conveying messages where users submit their posts to a moderator?