Re: praising our moderators

From: Federico Leva (Nemo)
Subject: Re: praising our moderators
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 21:44:45 +0200

Alexandre François Garreau, 25/02/20 21:04:
It should be possible to watch this without proprietary s/w on your own
computer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDAl7lGGtSo

afaik no.  Do you know a software that does it?

Not really, but you can listen to a sample on the Internet Archive:
<https://archive.org/details/cd_mystic-journey_arlo-guthrie/disc1/08.+Arlo+Guthrie+-+When+A+Soldier+Makes+It+Home.flac>

I believe their JavaScript is free software and I have DRM disabled, but you can also download the mp3 directly:
<https://archive.org/download/cd_mystic-journey_arlo-guthrie/disc1/08.%20Arlo%20Guthrie%20-%20When%20A%20Soldier%20Makes%20It%20Home_sample.mp3>

It's also at <https://archive.org/details/ArloGuthrie2000-05-27_34/ag00-05-27t06.shn>.

(A few years ago at an event in Google's San Francisco office I got to ask to the VP of something why they block downloads even for CC-BY videos... he had no answer other than downloading is often "nefarious".)

Federico