Re: address@hidden: Please remove me from your address@hidden or address

From: Taylan Kammer
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 20:16:03 +0100

On 25.02.2020 19:59, Alexandre François Garreau wrote:
> Le lundi 24 février 2020, 23:00:22 CET Taylan Kammer a écrit :
>> Not sure how to best filter these.  Gmail doesn't seem to have anything
>> built-in to filter by the real sender rather than From: field.  Not sure
>> if Thunderbird does.
>>
>> Tips appreciated. :-\
>
> Use free software instead.  If a free software disappoint you you can
> always ask someone to hack it so it doesn’t anymore.
>
> Among free software for this I know and used: thunderbird (most popular),
> KMail (specific to KDE), Evolution (to GNOME), ClawsMail (both less specific
> and less famous), mutt (text-based and pretty popular), Gnus (pretty
> popular inside GNU), rmail (same but simpler and older, not a full-
> featured news-reader).
>
> If you know other which are good don’t hesitate to tell.  It is normal
> people on mailing-list one day or another get issues with mail processing…
> it is good if we can help each other.

Thanks for the tips.  In the short term I don't see myself switching to
another mail provider for my main account but I guess I'll work on it
when I find some free time.  I guess Thunderbird might be able to do it
on the client level at least, but I frequently use my smartphone to read
email nowadays...

- Taylan