Re: Don't add the NYLXS list to your To: or Cc: fields

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: Don't add the NYLXS list to your To: or Cc: fields
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 12:40:43 +0100

Le mardi 25 février 2020, 19:51:35 CET Taylan Kammer a écrit :
> Just a heads up:
>
> Since the easiest way to filter out Ruben's spam is to send everything
> associated with that mailing list to /dev/null, having that ML in the
> To: or Cc: headers of your email might cause people not to see it, even
> if you also sent it to gnu-misc-discuss.

The standard and proper way of filtering something that came from a given
mailing-list (and not something that was sent to it) is through the “list-
id” header.  A less proper but still accurate way is through the
“received” headers.

> (I'm pretty disappointed that Gmail is too stupid to filter by the
> actual sender of an email, but alas.)

Personally it would be the fact that proprietary software would work as
one wish that I would find disappointing…

But maybe being able to filter spam or block harasser by oneself is
something so rare outside the free world that gmail don’t care about
making it possible.

> As such, let me suggest making sure that you're not sending mail to that
> ML if you want everyone on gnu-misc-discuss to see it.  I've received a
> few such multi-ML mails in the past but I won't be receiving them
> starting now even if they're sent from the gnu.org mail server.

Thank you for the suggestion!