Let's discuss these guys - Dfinity

From: Zany And Crazy
Subject: Let's discuss these guys - Dfinity
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 15:54:28 +0530

OK, so I was watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlC2lqihgXo

Are these guys the good guys? I *want* to believe everything that
they're saying, all this stuff about "open" internet services, problem
is, most of those "open" services have or are going to have, a
*BIZMAN* behind them! *This* I have a problem with - the entire thing
almost keeps talking about MONEY! I'm only somewhat knowledgeable
about Blockchain, mainly because I don't know anyone I can trust to
answer some straight questions for me - am I right in saying, for
example, that if you shop on something like openbazaar.org , ALL your
money goes to the guy MAKING that product, the *platform* makes
nothing?? Isn't that what blockchain IS, removing the middleman?? So -
that would be the end of Amazon then? So - where is the question of
VCs, exits, capital, blah blah blah HERE?

Is anybody here BUILDING on this thing? Do we trust it?? What about
the OTHER "decentralised web" projects like Tim Berners Lee's Solid,
Holochain etc? Which ones of these are OPEN standards?

Anybody care to clear it up? :)