Re: Web versions

From: DJ Delorie
Subject: Re: Web versions
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 23:08:33 -0400

aviva <aviva@gmx.us> writes:
> On 3/14/21 6:18 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> Thus, in a way you are arguing AGAINST the
>> user's freedom.
>
> No - I am arguing against creating a system where you lose control of
> your computer and it is over run by hackers because of poor deisgn.
> NOTHING can excuse that,

GCC has been used to write software that hacks into other people's
computers.  Should we argue against writing gcc?  After all, there's no
exuse for using software for criminal activities.

You are arguing that we should take away a technology from the user,
because some people use that technology in ways you disagree with.
However, other people use that same technology in other ways.  It is not
the technology that is evil, it's how it's used that may be evil.