Re: Risks of deterministic builds

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Risks of deterministic builds
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 07:43:46 +0300

* Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> [2021-04-08 23:47]:
> Jean Louis writes:
>
> > * Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> [2021-04-08 16:43]:
> >> Martin writes:
> >
> > From https://bootstrapping.miraheze.org/wiki/Stage0
> >
> >> Design
> >
> >> Stage0 starts with only 1 thing:
> >
> >> 1) A sub 500 byte hex monitor [How you create it is up to you; I like
> >> toggling it in manually myself]
> >
> >> from that starting point, I have provided in easy to audit form
> >> (direct mapping between Hex, its effective assembly and a C
> >> implementation) a series of hex utilities that are required for basic
> >> development work. These files are in the stage1 folder.
> >
> > How do you toggle it manually itself?
>
> I believ those are Jeremia Orians's words and I don't think we've
> arrived at that stage yet.  We started off by cutting corners to get
> something that "works", and went from there: improving the bootstrap,
> removing more binary seeds, removing shortcuts.
>
> Greetings,
> Janneke

It seem that your statements are not aligned and harmonized with
Jeremia Orian's words, I am not understanding. We already said we have
to trust people like you, but it looks like you that we are not yet
there, and I did liste and watch to your video.

Is the full source bootstrap possible or not?

Only if answer is YES, what is the exact first step to do?

If answer is NO, I will learn more about it. What I wish to see is the
very first step.

Jean