Re: Ghost soldiers: fear will give you false figures

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Ghost soldiers: fear will give you false figures
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 14:51:31 +0300

I send this off-list as it is not related.

* John Darrington <john@darrington.wattle.id.au> [2021-08-21 09:42]:
> Hello Akira,
>
> Whilst I do agree with the general sentiment of your message, I think it
> is going to have little effect partly because of its length and partly
> because many of the facts you provide are wrong.  To take just a few examples:
>
> 1.  It's a distortion of the truth to say that the US "waged a war".  What
> actually happened was they declared indepence after Great Britain (NOT
> "England") rejected their "No taxation without representation" demand.
> It was Great Britain which sent their forces to the colonies, and not the
> other way around.

Is it so?

And I can tell I know little of American history, but at least I was
reading comics related to the history.

Does this reference on Wikipedia relates to it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War where it
says:

"The American Revolutionary War (April 19, 1775 – September 3, 1783),
also known as the Revolutionary War or the American War of
Independence, was initiated by delegates from thirteen American
colonies of British America in Congress against Great Britain over
their objection to Parliament's taxation policies and lack of colonial
representation."

Now I can be sure that if those taxation policies would be favorable
to Americans that they would never want to be independent.

And now when US is independent they enacted even worse taxation
policies than UK has currently.  LOL!

> 2. George III was by no means an absolute monarch.  The monarchy
> had ceased to be "absolute" more than a century earlier
> with the Triennial Acts of 1641.  Some historians would argue this
> had happened even earlier with Magna Carta in 1215.

Legally or practically?

> 3. I don't think the fall of Afghanistan took all the world by suprise.
> Personally I thought it inevitable once the US pulled out.  Perhaps I
> didn't think it would happen so fast, but there was no doubt in my mind
> that it would happen.

Excluding you, the majority of the world is terrified! It is huge loss
for US and loss for the world and human rights.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/