"Freedom" is really the wrong word

From: dick
Subject: "Freedom" is really the wrong word
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 09:28:05 -0400

> Can nonfree refrain from failing to respect user's freedoms?

I sell magic paint with the insidious feature that if you try mixing it with
another color, it turns black.  But otherwise the paint performs great.

Under most interpretations of consumer commonlaw, so long as I make it clear
before sale that the paint admits this fatal characteristic, you are, to use
your politicized word, "free" to buy paint from another supplier.