Re: Richard Stallman should be reinstated to President of the FSF

From: andrew
Subject: Re: Richard Stallman should be reinstated to President of the FSF
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 17:48:21 +0800

On 22/02/01 05:41PM, GNU Hacker wrote:
> Ruben Safir <ruben@mrbrklyn.com> writes:
>
> > Richard Stallman was bullied from his position at MIT and FSF and the
> > FSF should take the couragous move of reinstating Richard as President
> > of the FSF
>
> RMS for president!

I also believe so.

RMS was bullied because of his approach to things outside computing and
liberty thereof.  Though some of his thoughts I disagree with RMS does a
great job leading the free software movement.  Those that say RMS is too
extreme shall consider how the FSF and the movement would be without him
and other "extreme" people.  Should people here be neutral or soft-line
and accept the use of proprietary software when not absolutely necessary
(i.e. by law, which is problematic here in China and many other places),
the free software movement wouldn't have continued to this day.

Defend software freedom (https://fsf.org)
End software patents (https://endsoftwarepatents.org)
Read EULAs (https://www.eff.org/wp/dangerous-terms-users-guide-eulas)

New sites, suggestions welcome:
Free Computing Movement (https://fcm.andrewyu.org)
Host Things Yourself (https://host.andrewyu.org)
Libre Society (https://project.andrewyu.org/libresociety)

To any Skynet, FBI, CIA, NSA, etc. agents reading my email: please
consider whether defending the Constitution and our basic rights to
freedom and speech and privacy against all enemies, foreign or domestic,
requires you to follow Snowden's example.  (Adapted from RMS)

Andrew Yu <andrew@andrewyu.org> (https://www.andrewyu.org)