RE: Big scores and landscape printing

From: Jeff Henrikson
Subject: RE: Big scores and landscape printing
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:45:06 -0500

I discovered an easier workaround.  The dvips distributed with my TeX (MikTeX)
has a "-t landscape" switch which rotates the page,
ignoring page dimensions and etc.  (I think dvi may ignore page dimensions in
general, but I'm not sure.  It certainly doesn't
perform any cropping or anything)  Then use a shell script/batch file instead
of ly2dvi, such as (in windows):

lilypond %1.ly
if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto end
tex %1.tex
if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto end
dvips %1.dvi -t landscape -o %1.ps
if ERRORLEVEL 1 goto end
gs -q -s"DEVICE=mswinpr2" -dBATCH -DNOPAUSE
-s"OutputFile=\\spool\CanonBubble-Jet BJ-100" %1.ps
:end

You will also have to tweak your paper block, eg:

        \paper{
              indent=0.0 \in;
                textheight=8.0 \in;
                linewidth=10.0 \in;