Re: Bars

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: Re: Bars
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 17:56:52 +0200

Jan wrote:
> you might try to have the bar-lines generated, but
> make them very small.  In this example they're still big, so that you
> see what I mean, but if you make them 0.1 high, they're just as high as
> the middle staffline...

Nope, that does not work (at least for 1.3.149) for exactly the same
reasons that I already explained: the calculation considers the height
of the bar lines, which -- in this case -- returns 0.1 and thus results
in interstaff bar lines that are too close.

But your example shows another effect of the bar size problem that
even affects the StaffGroup context as of unmodified 1.3.149: in your
example, the resulting bar lines of span-bar engraver are too short.
I think this classifies as a bug, right?

Greetings,
           Juergen