Part names

From: ben . tordoff
Subject: Part names
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 16:11:45 +0100 (BST)

After upgrading to a reasonably recent version
(1.3.151) of Lily I started getting warnings on
all my scores:

--------
warning: Identifier should have alphabetic
characters only:
Soprano1
     = \notes \context Voice = $Soprano1 { ... }
--------

This doesn't prevent the scores compiling and the
dvi file being generated, but is this warning
likely to turn into an error at some future
upgrade?

Is there really a requirement for part names to be
alphabetic only? I can easily rename the parts to
SopranoI, SopranoII etc. but with a good dozen
scores (some consisting of multiple movements) I'd
rather not have to.

Can someone let me know what the state of play is,
or will be, regarding names?

Thanks

Ben

This mail sent through UK Online webmail