Re^2: Font problem with 1.4.1

From: Mark Hindley
Subject: Re^2: Font problem with 1.4.1
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 08:00:31 +0100 (BST)

Amelie Zapf writes:

 > That wasn't it. The *.tfm files were newly generated at this run
 >
 > Amy
 >
 > > My guess is that you have some old *.tfm files in the working
 > > directory, at least that's what the warning message says.
 > >
 > >    /Mats

I have been having a problem like this intermittently. I don't really
understand it. there appears to be something wrong with the tfm files
generated and installed during the build.

My solution is to delete all the tfm files in
/usr/local/share/lilypond/tfm and then let the tfm files be rebuild on
the fly as you use lilypond. It causes some delay the first time, but
the fonts do match then. I suspect this is really something in out TeX
path setup that is causing this, but I am still not sure what. What is
your default mode?

Mark