Re: Size of whole rest

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Size of whole rest
Date: 20 May 2001 09:10:47 -0400

    >> I've had complaints from people who play from my printouts, which I
    >> think are justified, that the whole rest takes up too much of the
    >> space between lines.  This looks particularly bad in the attached
    >> file, where the whole rest seems to be much "larger" than the adjacent
    >> \breve rests.

    Mats> Do you mean the vertical or horizontal space?

I think having the width of a whole rest be wider than the width of a
breve rest is normal, but in combination with the height being hard to
distinguish from a breve, it's confusing.  The real problem is that I
think the whole rest takes up too much vertical space, no matter what
it's next to; when it's next to a r\breve, it's an aesthetic as well
as a functional problem.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139