global marks on Hara-Kiri staves

From: John Galbraith
Subject: global marks on Hara-Kiri staves
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 23:12:18 -0600 (MDT)

I have an "orchestral" score that uses HaraKiri staves to eliminate staves
that don't have anything on them (duh).  I also have a part that consists
of all \skips, but does have tempo markings and rehearsal marks.  I always
want to see the marks, but I only want to see any particular mark once.
If I put the marks on ALL the parts, then I get every mark on every part
which isn't what I want.  If I put the marks only on the top part then
I don't see the mark at all when HaraKiri blows away that part.  What I need
is a mechanism to put the mark on the top part left after HaraKiri processing,
whatever part that may be.

Is there a way to associate a global set of marks with the score as a
whole, or maybe a staff group, so you are guaranteed to see every mark,
but only once (or once per staff group)?

Thanks,
        John Galbraith