Re: detecting unfolded repeat number

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: detecting unfolded repeat number
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 15:27:30 +0200

> I have a score that does not have any true repeats.  However, there are
> parts that repeat some sections.  So, in the conductor's score, I am using
> unfolded repeats wherever I can in the parts.  This eases maintainance of the
> score, and I can change them to voltas when I go to create the individual
> parts.   One problem is that marks (like rehearsal marks and other
> nonmusical indicators) that I only want to see once appear at the beginning
> of every unfolded repeat.  Another problem is that my rehearsal marks
> need to be different on each repeat.
>
> Is there a way to detect which unfolded repeat you are on (from the
> guile interpreter?) and output (or skip) different marks depending on the
> result?

I'm not sure exactly what you want. In the score, you only have to
specify the rehearsal marks once. I often define a separate voice
with the rehearsal marks, general tempo indications, and so on,
which I include only once in the score but for each instrument
in the separate parts. Example:
global = \notes{
\time 4/4
s1*15 \mark "A" |
s1*7 |
\time 3/4
s2.*2 |
s2.^#'(Large "Accellerando") | s |
s2.^#'(Large "Piu mosso") | s |
s4 s2^#'(Large Allargando) |
\time 4/4
s1^#'(Large "Tempo I") |
s1*8 \mark "B" |
s1*26 \mark "C"|
}
\score{
  \context StaffGroup <
    \context Staff = viI <\global \viI>
    \context Staff = viII {\viII}

In your case, I don't really understand how you want the marks
to appear in the reparate parts if you write them using volta
repeats and have different marks for the first and second repeat.

   /Mats