Re: Starting error - HeLP!!

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Starting error - HeLP!!
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 12:24:49 +0200

I'm forwarding your answer to the mailing list, since I'm
not an expert in the Windows version.

Anyway. If you downloaded using the new Lilypond installer,
you should be able to double click on the "GNU Lilypond" icon
(or Start menu->Cygnus Solutions->GNU Lilypond Shell) and
get a Cygwin prompt (similar to the DOS prompt). Try to
run the command
>> ls -l /bin/cygwin1.dll
on my mashine, the response is
-rwxr-xr-x   1 matsb    544  629760 Jan 31 15:09  /bin/cygwin1.dll
The corresponding Windows file path is
c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll

If this is OK, you could go on and try
>> lilypond -v
and so on, according to the instructions on the Lilypond
web page.
Otherwise, the first step would be to run the installation
program once again (don't worry, it won't spend time downloading
new copies of the things that have already been installed on
your machine).

   /Mats