Re: Where is the double percent repeat in 1.4.1?

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: Re: Where is the double percent repeat in 1.4.1?
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 01:10:31 +0200

Hi Mats and all,

the passage in question was:

\repeat "percent" 2 { e4_. r8 d_^ r4 r8 b16( d )e4_. d8_- d_^ r2 }

Time is 4/4, key is E major, clef is bass, starting tone is e (bass line to
George Benson's "On Broadway").

It didn't compile with another voice on the same staff (the percent bars were
left blank). I notated the bass and drums on one staff for this score. If I
enter it into percent-repeat.ly, it compiles just right, also if I divide bass
and drums to different staffs. Single percents in the same score worked,
however.

BTW, as slashes are very common in jazz to say "please improvise here", I
usually set the stem length to 0 and head shape to slash to obtain them, because
I can't count on preceding notes.

Amy