Re: line breaking in lilypond-book

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: line breaking in lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 23:50:42 +0200

> The attached file does what I expect if I run ly2dvi on it.  The
> spacing isn't optimal, but it comes out on 2 pages.  However, if I
> use it as a \lilypondfile in the attached .lytex file and run
> lilypond-book on it, it claims it can't find a good spacing, and comes
> out with lots of really sparse lines on 4 pages.

Interesting! The problem is not lilypond-book itself but that it
set the line width to 390pt. With that linewidth it happens that
the (invisible) bar line where Lilypond wants to break the line
falls in the middle of a note because of Morley's intricate rhytms.

One solution is to add the property setting
\property Score.barAlways=##t
which allows Lilypond to insert line breaks between every
single note, not just at every four quavers.

   /Mats