Silence of a voice - how?

From: Schweikert, Martin {POYD~Kaiseraugst}
Subject: Silence of a voice - how?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:45:57 +0200

Hi!

I have a piece of choir music. The soprano and the alto have nearly the same
text - in only one or two bars they differ.

So it is not possible, to have only one lyrics context.

I would like to have a soprano lyrics context with all the words that the
soprano voice has to sing. I would like to have an alto lyrics context also,
but with a large silence at the beginning, then (at the n-th bar) the words
which are different for the alto voice in this bar.

Now my question: What is the analogon for the \skip statement? What must I put
to the beginning of the alto voice?

I tried

""2.*48

but this does not work.

Best Regards / Mit freundlichem Gruss
Martin Schweikert
--
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.   Division Pharmaceuticals
IT Service Unit Basel       DOCUMENTUM Services