Re: britepno MIDI instrument

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: britepno MIDI instrument
Date: 13 Jun 2001 10:10:49 -0400

    Laura> Playing the MIDI files generated from files in the 4.2 input
directory
    Laura> results in the error:

    Laura> Instrument `britepno' can't be found.
    Laura> Couldn't load instrument britepno (tone bank 0, program 1)

    >> From timidity.  This doesn't happen on my own midi files, which have a
    Laura> midi block that looks pretty similar.

On examining the MIDI files, it looks like mine are using program 0,
and the ones that don't work (for me) are using program 1.  I still
can't see why paddy.abc is any different from my own abc files in this
respect.  But if I use a sequencer to change the program number to 0,
it plays fine.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139