Re: Cannot find mf.base for metafont when compiling

From: J. David Blackstone
Subject: Re: Cannot find mf.base for metafont when compiling
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:07:07 -0500

> address@hidden writes:
>> I installed all the lilypond prerequisites from source, including
>> Python, teTeX, guile, flex, GNU make, and texinfo.  (The install
>> document mentions Python 1.5; I got 2.x; I presume this doesn't make a
>> difference.)  Since I have everything freshly installed, I would
>> presume my ancient operating system is not affecting things.  I plan
>> on upgrading to RedHat 7.1 next week, though, so I will see if that
>> changes anything.
>
> I run RedHat 7.1 myself, so this should work. I think that LilyPond is
> not the only reason for upgrading (eg. security?)

  RedHat 7.1 did indeed fix the problem.  I was unable to configure
teTeX on my own after installing from source; apparently it requires
more intelligence than I can bring to bear on it.  (That just went on
my list of "things I have to learn how to do one of these days.")

  Meanwhile, LilyPond really produces beautiful sheet music!

jdb